PR and Marketing – Senior / Account Manager
Working as part of the account management team, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of agency clients as well as providing strategic counsel to help develop their PR and wider marketing campaigns; developing relationships with new and existing clients; building relationships with media and influencers; proactively identifying and developing creative ideas and campaigns; devising and managing digital campaigns across multiple platforms; and contributing to the future direction and development of the agency.
There’s lots of variety in the job and your clients will vary and could include the following sectors: engineering; recycling; travel and tourism; financial services; food and drink and luxury properties to name a few so the ability to communicate with different target audiences, both B2B and B2C, is key. You need to be a confident writer who enjoys generating content and copy for a variety of audiences but with an emphasis on trade and technical/business ones.
Day to day activities include: the compilation and implementation of strategic, impactful and creative campaigns across print, online and digital platforms; social media management; developing paid social campaigns; email marketing, copy/content writing; developing press releases; securing media coverage; attendance at client meetings; preparation of reports and proposals and making recommendations on campaign performance.
In addition, the account manager will play a key role in identifying and developing new business opportunities to include developing and compiling PR and marketing strategies, research, presenting campaigns and on-boarding new clients; digital technologies and services.
Start date: TBC
Hours: 9am – 5:30pm
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to Rachael Whitson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Commercial acumen
- Strong writing skills for varied B2B and B2C audiences and platforms
- Proactive, highly organised, good at multi-tasking to manage competing internal/external demands whilst working to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy – high quality outputs are paramount
- Industry knowledge and proven track record in media relations activities including understanding how the media operates, media liaison, press release and feature writing, securing media coverage
- A proven track record of generating social media led news
- Experience using Facebook Business Manager and Ads Manager to create Traffic and Lead Generation campaigns
- An understand of the fundamentals of SEO
- Video production experience (iMovie/Final Cut Pro)
- Mail Chimp – experience of delivering content and campaigns
- WordPress experience or similar CMS system
- Experience of using Google analytics
- Knowledge and the implementation of PPC campaigns (FB, Instagram, LI, Google)
- Broad digital marketing skills and experience
- Curating social media content across multiple platforms
- Excellent timekeeping and time management skills
- Experienced of using Microsoft Word 365
- Experience of managing b2b accounts
- Previous agency experience
- Demonstrable copywriting, reporting, social media, client liaison, PR and marketing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- A network of media and influencers
- Industry knowledge and contacts
Absolute is a leading, well established boutique communications agency based on the outskirts of Exeter. Our clients are varied – from small businesses to big ones, start-ups and industry disrupters to household names – so there’s plenty of variety in our work and every day is different. We are a professional, ambitious and driven bunch with a reputation for delivering outstanding results for our clients. We have regular lunchtime learning sessions and our ethos is to work hard, have fun and celebrate our successes. We value every member of our team and encourage them to flourish and develop their careers and skills in a non-hierarchical environment.